Larry Fosgate, Waupaca……….. Beneficiary: Paramount Pictures, Hollywood, CA
SCROLL DOWN to see more pictures.
Click HERE to submit your own…
- 1500cc Engine.
- Horsepower: Brake, 55B HP @ 4600 RPM.
- Transmission: Syncromesh-Steering Post Shift.
- Carburetor Zenith Ltd. Downdraft.
- Tires: Tubeless 5.6 x 13 4 Ply.
• Type: Overhead Valve.
• Torque: 82 LB FT @ 2400 RPM.
• Air Cleaner: Oil Bath.
• Oil Filter: Full Flow.
• Front Suspension: Independent Coil.
• Rear Suspension: Longitudinal Leaf.
• Rear Axle Drive: Hotchkiss.
• Axle Ratio: (Hypoid) 4.22 to 1.
• Electrical System: 12 Volts.
I bought this car at the end of Oct 2009 from a private party who in turn had bought it from someone else in Kentucky who ran a car museum.
It still has the original Engine (presently with only 31,000 Miles on it) and the original paint job which is, Mardi Grass Red and Frost White Altho. I think that the colors have changed on their own throughout the years.
The Metropolitan is an American car, but manufactured in England because it was cheaper making them in England. The car was made from 1954-1961. There are British Metropolitans in England with a right hand drive.
My car was in the 2010 Iola, Wisconsin Old Car Show. It was in the Blue Ribbon section which is by invitation only.